Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Sleepy

I should be sleeping right now. My friend Becca will be arriving into La Paz at 5:30 a.m. and I should be getting some rest.

But instead I am typing.

I felt the weight of all my projects earlier tonight. I was doing so well and then BANG I felt the pressure again.

But I realized two things that are making me feel better...

There will always be more work to do.

Seriously. This Helps. This helps because part of my stress problem is that I think that if I work frantically enough and kill myself working that one day I will actually finish everything. I honestly think that there is an end to this work someday. But I realized that there will always be more work to do. And for some strange reason this helps me calm down and just focus on what God places right in front me and not on all of the things I will never be able to do.

I am putting the expectations on myself.
This really helps too because realizing that I am my own problem means that I really only need to deal with one person...me. It is not others who are putting pressure on me to perform, everyone I talk to just thanks me for being here and helping. I am putting pressure on myself to perform. I expect so much of myself. And at least I know it and can identify it. And I tell ya...once I can deal with this issue internally I bet I smile, laugh and just enjoy life way more.

No comments: