Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thanks Becca

So my friend Becca left La Paz this past Friday morning.

I felt bad because she definitely had some travel issues coming and going. On the way down she missed her flight from Atlanta to Miami so she left late and in Miami they gave her problems with the letter of invitation that I sent her and they would not let her get on the plane. She had to stay overnight in Miami. This past Friday we got to the La Paz airport only to find out that her plane would be delayed about five hours. Which caused her to miss her connecting flight from Miami back to Atlanta...you get the idea.

But through all of that travel craziness I believe that once she was here she had a great time. We were able to do a good amount of sightseeing and I was able to check a few things off the list of things that I want to see here in Bolivia. The highlight was the two days we spent at Lake Titicaca.

Check out my Lake Titicaca photo album.

Also, we were able to visit a few projects with one of the street ministries here. We visited one area near a river and we were able to minister to and provide bread to some men who struggle with alcohol and who live by the river. Then we visited another pretty poor area where there were about 25 kids running around. We were able to provide bread to them as well and we were able to play and hang with the kids for awhile. Soccer. Rock/Paper/Scissors. It was great.

Becca got to meet some of my friends and co-workers as well. All in all I think she left changed. It is hard to come to a place like this and leave in the same state as the state you are in when you arrive. You can’t help but open your eyes some to how big the world is and how big God is.

Check out some photos from our project visits and other random photos from her visit.

For me, one thing Becca really did was encourage me. And she really helped me make my home more homey. As you might have seen on my Cribs video my house was pretty bare. Nothing on the walls. Nothing. Well Becca helped me go shopping and really begin to add some color to my place. Girls. She has definitely motivated me to invest a little more in my surroundings. And so far so good. I feel much more comfortable at home now.

Here are a few photos of some new additions to the place…

Color for the table...


Some landscapes for the dining room wall...


A shot of the living room...much better...


Black and white Bolivian kids...a constant reminder of why I am here...


Blankets draped over chairs and pillows on the couch...


Cool art for the wall by the bathroom...


A colorful table by the stairs where my photos from home will be...


Color going up the stairs...


It's what I like to call progress. Thanks Becca.
Glad you made it back safely.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Dude, the black and white photos are killing me. Good to know that Becca was used to help you make the house a home. Praise YHWH!

Joanie said...

Love the pics!