Tuesday, June 24, 2008

San Juan

Tonight was the San Juan celebration in Bolivia.
They celebrate because today is supposedly the coldest day of the year. People burn fires in the streets and roast hot dogs and marshmallows. There is a big cloud of smoke over the city right now.

I had forgotten that tonight was San Juan until my friend Febe called me this afternoon and invited me to go to her brother's house to hang with her family and friends. I am so glad she called. I had a blast. Met some new people. Ate a few hot dogs like someone who is taking antibiotics for a bacterial infection should NOT eat. And man...I had not had a roasted marshmallow in I don't know how long.

Thanks Febe.
It was great. Ahhhhhh...community.
It is good to be around other people.

1 comment:

WT said...

Mmm, just what LP needs: more smoke! :) Glad you had a good time bro! Stay away from processed pork...