Monday, June 16, 2008

The Triumphal Entry

The next day the great crowd that had come for the Feast heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting,

“Hosanna!”

“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”

“Blessed is the King of Israel!”


John 12: 12 – 13

The revival continues here in La Paz. I do not think the nightly healing/worship services will stop. Seriously. We are scared to stop. More churches are getting involved. More worship leaders are getting involved. Why stop? We are training for an eternity of worshipping in Heaven so what’s wrong with stretching our legs a little bit?

The verses above literally jumped off the page at me during the worship service this past Saturday night. I think that the verses mirror what I feel we are going through right now. We know the King is coming. And there are groups of believers who are on their way to meet Him, just like the people from Jerusalem in the verses above. There is a group that is shouting. They are not sitting back and waiting.

It’s nice to say that you want Jesus to come back.
But it’s a whole different thing to actually grab a palm branch, get on the road and go and meet Him.

I will be honest with you…I have not been one in the past to truly desire Jesus coming back. I still think sometimes that if Jesus came back now it would mess up all the plans I have for my life here. But the more I pursue Him the more I find myself truly wanting to be with Him.

My prayer for you and me is that we don’t just sit back and wait.
Let’s go put some palm branches down on the road and welcome Him.

Here is what I was seeing this past Saturday night as I wrote this. I know the picture is a little blurry and dark but the large banner behind the stage shows the sky over La Paz and shows a large zipper literally ripping the sky open.


The words read “Cielos Abiertos. Oh, si rasgaras los cielos y descendieras.”
Which in American English means, “Opened Skies. Oh that you would tear open the sky and descend.”

We want Him back.

My prayer for those of you who have a personal relationship with Christ already is that you will truly cry out for Him to come back. And realize that when He comes back life will be better.

My prayer for those of you who haven’t given Christ a chance in your life is that you will just want Him.

3 comments:

WT said...

Some of the stuff that's stayed with me since I was down there was just the bleak outlook that so many of the people you're serving down there have. That question, "How can people live like this?" has been ringing in my ears. Like that guy said on one of your earlier trips, "You can't help them all." But Jesus can! I wonder if that's why your city is so hyped up with the Spirit right now, because the only way to truly save these people, these kids, is for Christ himself to come barreling back down to earth. That's what you're praying for. That's what we're hoping for. When you can't help or love them directly, you can pray for His return, so that they're out of the dire situation they're in right now.

Chris said...

Hey guys,
I agree with you Warren. I also think that is why Christianity is spreading so strongly in other countries...because of their oppression. For them, God is a God of provision. When they ask for Daily Bread, they literally mean it. For us in the ole U.S. of A, God is more often a God of Enhancement. "Oh God, heal me, help me, teach me...." We think we have a good life here and just want God to make it better. Silly gringos, when you say "Kingdom come" think about the real meaning/implication of the expression.

Let it rain.

WT said...

I hope Chris isn't referring to Chocolate Rain... (don't worry, it's SFW!)