Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back Home

We made it back from the lake last night. Just wanted you to know.
My friend Becca has just three more days here and then she will be heading back to the states. I will have a new batch of photos for you later this week. The lake was absolutely beautiful. And I can totally see why it is in the running to be one of the new 7 wonders of the world. Can't wait to show you the photos.

What was not beautiful was the fact that I got food poisoning. I was very sick yesterday. I feel better now thank God.

Sidenote: We got back last night to find out that yesterday 300,000 people surrounded the US Embassy here in La Paz and were trying to break in because they are upset that the US is giving the former President of Bolivia asylum in the states. They want to bring him back here so they can charge him for crimes and try to kill him I think. The embassy decided to close for today because the protesters are supposed to be back again today. So I don't think my little white-skinned self will be going by the US Embassy today.

I think I will just go to Burger King and hide under a table.

No comments: