Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ouch

So I played soccer this afternoon and my right knee popped out of place again.


You might not know this but I started having problems with my right knee back in high school. It popped out of place when I was playing soccer with my brother and I had to have surgery.

I had more trouble with the knee in college. It popped out again while I was playing basketball. Luckily for me Jim Donnan, the University of Georgia football coach at the time, was there that day and invited me to stop by and see the football team doctors at the Athletic Center. Sweet I know. (The big guys were like...why are they treating the water boy's injury in here?)

It has popped out of place a few times after college and I even had another surgery to repair cartilage a few years ago.

And today, while playing soccer here in La Paz, it popped out again. Doh! And I was playing pretty well up until that point too. I have an ace bandage on my knee right now as you can see. It is sore and there is a little swelling but not much.

Every time this happens I think that my days of playing sports are over. I think I would be fine if I spent some good quality time rehabilitating my knee. My right thigh muscle is just not strong enough and my knee is weak.

Or maybe I am just 30.

2 comments:

Sandra Esther said...

Ouch, that might hurt a lot. After the acute phase, I recommend you a very good Physical therapist. Her name is Karola she has experience on this. Ask me if you need more details.

Brad and Becca Tabb said...

You know, those Bolivian kids ARE soccer pros (I've seen it first-hand). Maybe consider sticking to showing off your head-butting (or whatever it's called) skills, haha!! Hope your knee feels better soon!! :)