Monday, September 01, 2008

EL DIA

So I have mentioned previously that one of the projects that I am working on this year is an event called EL DIA. It is 24 hours of worship, prayer and fasting that started here in La Paz about five years ago. It has now spread to five cities in Bolivia and this year the event will also be held in Santiago, Chile and in Dayton, Ohio. The event is November 22.

This past March I agreed to manage the marketing for this event on a national level. Meaning that I am responsible for getting all of the cities the marketing materials that they need to promote the event. The main things being making sure that the website gets updated, producing a video and producing a poster design. Easier said than done.

This project is by far my most difficult project. And sometimes I think that I bit off a little bit more than I can chew. The reason it is hard is because I am working with so many different people. People don't answer the phone. People never call you back. You have to push people so hard here to get things done and I am honestly not one who is used to pushing people that hard. I was starting to get there in my job back home but it was still a work in progress. And every city has their own issues and ideas. And I just arrived this year and I am still learning how to work in this culture and still learning the language.

At times I have even wanted to give up. But I know God has a plan for me with this event and even though it is challenging I am going to press on. People tell me that when I actually experience the event all the issues and problems before the event seem to fade away. I am looking forward to that.

Well we are a little under three months until the event and I am scrambling to get marketing materials to the cities. We have almost finished the video but what we have finished is the poster design and I wanted to show you the finished product. You might recognize the person in the photo. Believe me, it wasn't my initial idea to be in the photo but sometimes things just happen. Last year the cities received the posters two weeks before the event so I guess I should be happy that this year they will get them two months before.

Here is the Spanish version...

And here is the English version because the event is in the states this year...

No comments: