Monday, September 29, 2008

More Attacks

Well...the enemy just keeps bringing it.

Everyone, I need to ask for your urgent prayers again. This time it is not for me but for the family of a pastor that I work with.

I am helping a foundation here called RockSalt and one of the pastors that we work with was shot early this morning. He and his family live in a pretty remote area outside of La Paz and this morning five armed men jumped the wall and broke into his house. They shot pastor Juan Carlos, tried to shoot his 21 year old son and they beat up his wife and kids pretty bad. They robbed the house completely and told the family that if they complained they would be back.

Pastor Juan Carlos has six kids and the kids are really messed up right now, physically and emotionally. Juan Carlos is currently in the hospital.

I just ask for your prayers. This is not a story that I am making up. This is a pastor that I know and work with. Please pray for him and his family during this time. We have to relocate the family because of the danger and I have offered my home up to them for whatever they need. If they need to store stuff or if they need a place to stay.

He had surgery already today and he will be in the hospital for at least two more days. And with six kids he does not have the money to cover any medical bills. And he will need to replace the items from the house that were stolen. I am going to help them and if you want to help the family financially too just email me or call me and you can deposit money into my Wachovia account. I can give the money directly to the family. This is an opportunity for the Body of Christ to come together and help out a pastor and family who are doing tremendous work to advance the Kingdom here in Bolivia.

But at least pray, especially for the six kids. We feel like the enemy is really attacking our team right now. First with my stuff getting stolen but now with this much bigger attack on Pastor Juan Carlos and his family.

These days have just been a reminder of how dangerous this world really is and a reminder of how much the enemy wants us to fail.

Thanks for your prayers and support for this family.

No comments: