Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pray

That's word,we pray(pray,pray)
We got to pray
Just to make it today
I said we pray(pray) ah,yeah,pray(pray)
We got to pray
Just to make it to pray
That's word,we pray

Thank you MC Hammer.

That's my way of asking you to pray again.

But this time please pray for the country of Bolivia. There is a good amount of violence right now in the eastern part of the country in Santa Cruz. At least eight people have died. Anti-government protesters have taken over key buildings and they were also able to successfully block some gas pipelines that lead to Argentina and Brazil for about seven hours today. These pipes support large large parts of those countries. Brazil is Bolivia's # 1 customer. Gas reserves and gas revenues are key fighting points here in Bolivia.

And to make it a little tense between the US and Bolivia...the Bolivian president, Evo Morales, has just basically kicked the US ambassador out of the country. He told him to leave. The Bolivian president accused the ambassador of supporting the anti-government protesters and conspiring to tear the country apart.

And I just read that in turn the US government has now kicked the Bolivian ambassador out of the US. So I am not sure exactly what is going on. And I don't know how this will affect relations between the two countries.

My brother is supposed to visit in a few weeks so I hope he doesn't have problems getting his visa. And I am trying to help my girlfriend Paola get a visa to the US so she can visit at the end of the year. So I hope this doesn't mess up their chances.

There is no violence where I am in La Paz right now. So I am fine.

But we will see. Please pray for the political situation here. Gracias.

No comments: