Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ministry Post # 1

Ok. So I had a few cool ministry experiences this past week that I just thought I would share. This post is the first one. My home church of Holy Cross has started to send me some funds each month to use for special projects and special needs that I see down here in Bolivia.

And last week I was able to use some of those funds to help out a ministry known as Qhanawara. This ministry is an afterschool program located in a poor neighborhood on the outskirts of El Alto. The ministry was in serious need of two gas tanks for their kitchen. So with some of my special project funds I was able to purchase and deliver two tanks to them last week. Praise God.

Here are a few photos to commemorate the event…enjoy.

Me showing off my arm strength to one of the kids…

Delivering the tanks…

I don’t think you should sit on that…

The kids, the tanks and I…

There has to be a photo of us making faces…

And a photo of us screaming…

Cool kids. What an amazing job God has blessed me with…

1 comment:

Linds said...

I love the little kid in the front with the Cubs hat. You look good Curt. Sorry to hear that your backpack was stolen. Lift high :)