Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reporting from La Paz

Hey everybody. I just want to thank you so much for your increased prayers right now for myself and for the current political situation here in Bolivia.

I am doing fine and I just wanted to give you an update and let you know that I’m ok. Life for me here in La Paz seems pretty normal actually. Yes, there has been some violence here recently and there is definitely a lot of politics happening right now. The US and Bolivia aren’t the greatest of friends at the moment and some relief and volunteer organizations have decided to temporary remove their workers from Bolivia.

But, to be honest, for me life seems about the same. Most of the conflicts are in other parts of the country. It hasn’t really reached La Paz but I am keeping my eyes open and trying to be careful just like my momma taught me.

If the situation does get bad my sending agency, SAMS, can decide that it is best for the missionaries to temporary leave the country. But at this point the situation has not gotten that bad and they have not asked us to leave. They are my authority right now and I will respect any decision they make. But time will only tell if it comes to that.

I certainly don’t want to leave the country but if they do decide that I need to go I might see you before December 5th after all. Maybe God just wants me to go to a Georgia football game this year…not sure…and I promise that the fact that I am totally in love with an amazing Bolivian girl has nothing to do with me wanting to stay!

Well…I just write you this update in the hopes of putting your spirit at ease some. True…it is not the best political climate here in Bolivia right now but I have really not been affected at this point.

I welcome your continued prayers and I will keep you posted as things develop. But I continue to get up each morning and try to be used by God to serve the people here. That’s all I can and want to do right now. No matter what is going on in a country it certainly doesn’t mean that the people need Jesus any less.

No comments: