Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spiritual Attack

Hey ya'll.

So another lesson learned tonight and I have absolutely no doubt that this one was a spiritual attack. While sitting in a restaurant with my girfriend Paola tonight my backpack was stolen from me right out from under the table. No lie. I am still in a little bit of shock because my backpack was right next to my leg and it disappeared just like that.

It hurts. I lost my laptop. I lost my ipod with all my tunes. I lost my digital camera. And my bible and my girlfriend Paola's bible were in there also.

I have no doubt that this was a spiritual attack. Things are going well. God is using me in a great way to help ministries here in La Paz and the enemy took some of my tools away from me tonight to try and knock the wind out of my sails. The enemy knows how important my laptop, ipod and digital camera are to me. The loss of my music hurts alot because the music was not backed up and it is all gone. I had mostly praise and worship music that has really fed me sipiritually this year in La Paz.

Yet I know that in the end it is just "things" that I lost. It could have been worse. I didn't suffer any physical harm. I didn't lose my bank cards or my wallet. God is so much bigger the the "things" that I lost tonight and I am not going to let me spirit get down. I am going to keep praising Him and keep letting Him use me here...even without a laptop, music and a camera at the moment.

But I would appreciate your prayers right now regarding this attack. I have talked to some friends and I am definitely not the first to have something like this stolen. And some of my friends have had things much more important stolen. Some of my friends have suffered through experiences here that are much worse.

But it is a promise. As you serve God and as you make more noise for Him in this world...you WILL be attacked. Brace up for it. You will suffer sometimes because I truly believe that there is an enemy out there who doesn't want us to serve God and impact the lives of others for Him.

But we can take our hope in the fact that we are on the winning side. We know how the story ends. So even without some of my biggest assets here in La Paz right now...my computer, my worship music and my camera...I will still get up tomorrow and do all that I can to be used by God.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're right. It IS just sruff. And you can keep on doing ministry even without it.

But I know it would be nice to replace it - so that's already been my prayer (and a Scriptural one, too). But I have a question...

Even if we had replacements for you, I assume we can't ship them. I imagine that there has to be a delivery person or wait until you come back on furlough. Am I right? Or is thaere a way to get stuff back to you if we get it?

-Brook

JB said...

DUDE!!!! Sucks but I love your attitude...Call me and I'll sing to you...

Seriously, holler when you get a chance. I want to put something together.