Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Run for the Border

Well…I am taking this show on the road to get to know another part of Bolivia.

This afternoon I will be hopping on a plane to fly to Tarija – a small little town of 170,000 in southern Bolivia. Tarija is near the border with Argentina and is supposedly a very laid back, relaxed place. I think since it is so close to Argentina some of the food and culture has made the leap across the border. I am told it is more Argentina than Bolivia and it is much lower in altitude than La Paz so the weather should be nice and warm. The region is known for its vineyards/plazas/parks. In fact, most of the wine from Bolivia is produced around Tarija.

There is an Anglican church there and the pastor has invited me down for a visit. My goals are simple: Meet the pastor and visit the church, visit/document some ministries that they are working with, take some photos/videos and get to know another part of this country, spend some quality time with God and just get out of La Paz for a few days and chill.

I will arrive this evening and I will be flying back home here to La Paz on Sunday. Hopefully, I will have access to the internet and if I do I will try to post some thoughts/photos for you.

Just pray for safe travels and pray that God would show me whatever He needs to show me while I am there.

P.S. Thanks to the folks who commented on my last post about dating. I got some great insight and I really appreciate your counsel.

Saludos y Bendiciones.

No comments: