Friday, April 25, 2008

Break a Leg

So. You might know that I used to work at a theatre.
A BIG theatre in Atlanta.
Actually, for about five and half years I promoted theatre in Atlanta.

Well...I was happy to have my first theatre experience here in La Paz this past weekend. For a few weeks in April there has been an international festival at the municipal theatre here. There were works from alot of different countries around the world.

Here I am with my program from the show.



It was freaky. As you can see by the freaky face on the program. It was one guy with a puppet on stage for 50 minutes. And not a Kermit the Frog nice puppet. A freaky, crazy looking "cuss like a sailor" puppet who said some of the crudest things I have heard in a while. It was a work from Holland but it was in English. And it was only $4 for a ticket.

I didn't care for the show that much but I must tell you that something just felt right about sitting in a theatre again and watching those lights go down...I miss it.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

$4 per ticket? Hmm....... was it better than The Lion King, I wonder? I saw that last weekend for the first time-AMAZING! Les Mis comes back in Sept.

WT said...

that thing looks like gollum smeagol!