Wednesday, April 09, 2008

El Día

Today we had a meeting to discuss El Día (The Day). This is an event that I am helping to promote. The event takes place in various cities across Bolivia and I am overseeing the marketing for the event. The event is going to take place in November and it is a 24 hour prayer, worship and fasting event. It is cool because it crosses denominational church lines to bring together people across the body of Christ. It is an event that simply unites the body of Christ here in Bolivia.

You can check out the site at www.eldia.org. (Warning – you must read Spanish.). The site has some issues and as part of my role with this event I am going to work to fix those issues.

It will be a fun event and from a marketing perspective the closest thing to what I was doing in the states…plays & musicals vs. live worship events.

I feel myself getting busier and busier the more people find out that there is this crazy gringo here in La Paz now helping people with marketing for free. But I am also enjoying my rest and my time alone with God more too and I honestly cannot put into words the joy that I feel serving God here in Bolivia.

I am working on planning/developing two websites right now: one for the PSMC Program which I have written about before so I think you know about that program and one website for RockSalt Ministries. RockSalt is a small organization with a long history in Bolivia but a ministry which could be my main focus in the future…I will write more later and tell you about RockSalt.

I am also working with one of the foundations we visited, Foundation Adulum, to help them plan and create a new brochure to promote their foundation.

And, of course, the marketing plan and deadlines for the El Día event is also high on my list. I am busy and I love it. It feels great. I am hoping to wrap my part of the websites up in another week or so and my deadline for my work with Adulum and El Día is around June 1.

God continues to do amazing things here. I have some cool praises to share with you which I will share later… to be continued.

P.S. It is starting to get a little colder here in La Paz as winter approaches. I actually had to add another blanket onto my bed. No heating or air conditioning here. It is still pretty warm during the day and cold at night.

At least I don’t have pollen though, so I should look on the bright side.

No comments: