Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hope


Hope.

That is what this photo means to me.

This photo has captured my heart over the last few days. I believe that this photo was shot in El Alto, probably one of the poorest cities in South America. And a city that is 30 minutes from my front door.

As I mentioned, I am working with a foundation right now who ministers to youth with addictions in El Alto. I am helping them plan and create some new materials to promote the amazing work that God is doing through them.

And I am just hoping so much that they agree with me and think that this photo should be the cover of the brochure. I cannot think of a better photo for the cover. The fact that the boy's head is tilted up a little makes all the difference in the world.

It means he has hope for a new day. Hope for a new life free from addiction.

Would you pick up this brochure if this was the cover? I know I would.

Awesome. I love my job.

No comments: