Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update

Sorry ya'll.

It has been a busy last few days hosting the two folks from home.
The training on Monday and Tuesday turned out great and yesterday was a holiday here. The 16th of July is the anniversary of La Paz so we hosted some new friends at my house. It was rad. More on that later.

But here is a knee update for you...
I have visited two different doctors this week. As I mentioned, the first one is the team doctor for the Bolivian national soccer team. He seemed to know his stuff but when I chatted with him and gave him my whole story he immediately suggested that I have another surgery as a long-term fix to my knee problem. He said that because my knee has popped out more than five times, that I need to have a surgery to reposition the tendon in my knee to strengthen it. He seemed to know his stuff but the only thing that erked me was that I asked if we should have an x-ray done to confirm everything and he said that we didn't need too because we already knew what the problem was...hmmmmm....

And today I went to see another doctor. It is a clinic at the soccer stadium that specializes in sports medicine and physical therapy. I talked with the doc and explained the issue and my desire for an x-ray and he was happy to oblige. His suggestion to me is that he wants to run a few strength tests on both my knees to see how my left knee (good knee) differs from my right knee (bad knee). He wants to test my knee muscles because he thinks that my muscle on the outside of my right knee is alot stronger than the muscle on the inside of my right knee and that could be the reason for my instability. The bottom line with this guy is that he did NOT immediately suggest surgery. He is going to test my knee tomorrow and I will probably do a physical therapy program with him for 10 days and then we will reevaluate.

So...the journey continues...

1 comment:

Sandra Esther said...

Hi Curt,is better to have two or more opinions... :-).