Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Knee-d" a Month

So while I was in Cochabamba I visited another doctor to talk about my knee. I really liked this doctor and he definitely seemed like he knew what he was talking about. But he also told me actually what I was hoping to hear so I guess that helps some too.

We took more X-rays of my knee from more angles and he told me that he did not agree with the other doctor who told me that I needed surgery immediately. This new doctor in Cocha has recommended that I have 20 sessions of physical therapy (good thing because I have already started) and then come back and see him.

He wants me to be serious about rehabilitating the muscles in my knee for this next month of August. And then in September he wants me to begin to play some sports again, after I have been doing therapy for a month.

And it is kinda a test.

If I have the same problem with my knee AFTER my therapy then I WILL need surgery. But I am going to give the therapy a chance to do its thing.

I will keep you posted if anything else develops.

No comments: