Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Water into Wine

I am in the midst of revival in my heart. I feel the presence of the Spirit right now more than I ever have. What happened. Like a week ago I seriously felt farther away from God than ever. I was losing big time. And now…now I feel like I can’t lose.

I am experiencing God’s presence right at this moment and I never want to be apart from Him. I can’t imagine my life without Him. I think I mentioned that a church here in La Paz is having worship services every night this week simply because they sense God moving and they cannot stop. They don’t want to stop. They are so in the Spirit. And I am witnessing miracles happen right in front of me. A friend of mine’s niece was healed this week. No joke. This is not some TV thing where you are skeptical about the person being healed or not. This really happened. She has worn glasses for a while and during a service this past weekend someone was praying for healing and her eyes were healed. Just like that. Now she CAN’T see with her glasses on. She can only see with them off. Amazing. And I have heard God praised in three languages at once this week. The band was singing “How Great Thou Art” in Spanish, I was singing in English and my friend from Egypt was singing in Arabic. Again. Amazing.

God led me to begin reading John yesterday and I read Ch. 2 today. The story of Jesus turning water into wine. I read the story this morning but I read it again tonight and it was totally different. It was like I was reading it with different eyes or something. In the midst of His presence tonight God told me that He wants to turn water into wine in my life. In fact, He HAS turned water into wine in my life. I am…correction…I WAS the empty barrel of wine at the wedding. Empty and done for. And He has taken the empty barrel and filled it full. Full of choice wine. He has “saved the best till now.” Oh Father. Thank you for your presence. Never go away. Always save the “best till now” in my life. Constantly.

Father, I desire a godly wife. A wife that is in love with You. A wife who opens the Bible and says “Check this out.” But I also want to maximize my singleness for You. I have less distractions and worries since I am single. I do not have to worry about providing for a family right now. I want a relationship but help me maximize my opportunities to serve and glorify You when it is just You and I. I can do so much for You right now.

Help me to focus on what I can do for you and not what I think You NEED to do for me.

Written earlier this evening during a worship service in La Paz, Bolivia.

1 comment:

Joanie said...

God is faithful & full of grace. So glad to read your post.