Saturday, May 10, 2008

Special Visitor

I think I have mentioned before that I am working with an organization called the Red Viva Network. We are a Christian network of individuals, churches and ministries serving the at-risk kids here in La Paz and El Alto. The Red Viva Network is part of an international parent organization called Viva: Together for Children. It is an international effort by Christians to serve at-risk kids all over the world and work to meet both their physical and spiritual needs.

Well the International Director of Viva from England paid us a visit here in La Paz earlier this week. He was here to meet with us, visit some projects and just get a better idea of how some of Viva’s programs are working here in Bolivia. We had the opportunity to visit several projects with him and I documented his visit by taking photos. I also had the opportunity to translate for him and also he filmed a short video of me interviewing one of the project directors here. We were asking her various questions about her experience with one particular program and I was translating her responses into English for him.

The experience just made me thankful for my former boss at the Alliance Theatre, Virginia Vann. She gave me so many wonderful opportunities to present to the Board of Directors at the Alliance and I became very comfortable presenting to presidents and CEOs of businesses. Some people were nervous for Brian’s visit from Viva but, thanks to my past experience at the Alliance, I felt very comfortable presenting to him and talking with him about some of the projects that we are working on here in La Paz.

I guess I just see this as another way that God is using my past experience in the professional world to serve His kingdom better here in Bolivia. I don’t think that God does anything without a reason. He gave me the ability to communicate directly, comfortably and in a “get to the point” type of way with leaders of businesses. And He gave me all of those wonderful experiences at the Alliance to prepare me for the experiences that He wanted to place in front of me here.

It is just an amazing confirmation that, although we might not know why we are doing certain things or learning certain things at times, God knows exactly what He is doing and He knows exactly what He needs to do to prepare us for what lies in the path ahead.

No comments: