Monday, March 24, 2008

Recap

Well it has been a few weeks since the team that visited me from Georgia left Bolivia. It was so great to see some familiar faces but hosting was also very stressful. I learned a lot and I know that trips in the future will only be better.

Here is a photo of the group that visited…


Chris, Doug, Allen, Chuck and Foley

A special delivery of Publix chocolate chip cookies...thanks Paul and Juanita!!!



The team was here for about two weeks and they split their time between Cochabamba and La Paz. One of the things that made the trip challenging was that the team was not here to accomplish a specific project. People had different objectives and goals. My pastor from home, Foley, was here to share three nights of messages at one of the Anglican churches here. Doug is an ex-paramedic and he was here to give first aid/CPR classes to workers from different ministries working with at-risk kids. Allen was here just experiencing the culture for the first time and Chris and Chuck were here for meetings and also to just minister to me.

A few photos of the team at work…







There is another group from church that is planning a trip down in July. I am excited to host them and excited to have them here to get them involved with what God is doing here in Bolivia. It is truly a blessing that my home church is so excited to bring teams down here to Bolivia. Although managing and hosting the teams is difficult for me because hosting is not my gift and I haven’t been here very long, I just praise and thank God that anybody wants to come. I have some other friends who are planning trips down this year and I am excited to have them experience the Bolivian culture and have their eyes opened to what God is doing down here.

I am just trying to see the big picture through the challenges. God is at work and it is just a privilege and honor to play some small part in His plan.

No comments: