Sunday, March 09, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, I am officially back home. La Paz home that is. And it feels good to be home in my own bed. I had a great week in Cochabamba. I met lots of people, learned a lot about the Red Viva network and got to visit some friends. I spent time with some SAMS missionaries there and I even enjoyed a few great Gringo home cooked meals. I had Lasagna one night and man it was good.

But my favorite part was the pic below. Cold sweet peach flavored ice tea. I have not had cold tea in two months. Can you believe it? No cold sweet tea in two months. Well it wasn’t exactly the jumbo glass from Sonny’s but it was awesome none the less. And the peach flavor just made me think about Georgia that much more.



I also had the chance to spend some time with the team from NiƱos con Valor. God is really blessing their ministry. Their girls’ home is really running strong now and they are starting to focus more on their street girl outreach and their HIV/AIDS daycare for kids. I delivered a laptop to them and some medical supplies. Having lunch with their girls was a big factor in me realizing that I need to find a group of kids of my own.

I had a great time. But the visit also confirmed in me that I love La Paz. I am so happy to be here and although I have good days and bad days I have no doubt that I am exactly where God wants me to be.

An empty house welcomed me when I got back last night. Just God and I again. And I am really looking forward to spending time with Him and getting to know Him a little better this week. Tomorrow is going to be my Sabbath day. In fact, I am hoping to make Monday my Sabbath day every week. I will let you know how it goes. No work. No emails. Just resting, reading, listening to tunes and growing closer to God.

Wish me luck.

No comments: