Monday, March 03, 2008

More Goodbyes

I experienced more goodbyes this past week. The five people from home who were visiting me left and I am going to post soon and share their experience here in La Paz. But for several weeks now there has been a Bolivian family of five living in Casa Little also. And tomorrow they will be leaving Bolivia for the first time and heading to Chile.

Martín, Carla, Josué, Abby and Davíd are a family from one of the Anglican churches here in La Paz and for the past few weeks they have been my family. Literally. They are moving to Santiago, Chile because Martín will be studying in a seminary there.

They have had issues getting their visas to Chile but God, in His timing of course, has finally made the way for them to leave and tomorrow they go. We had to say our goodbyes yesterday because I am in Cochabamba this week and I am going to really miss them. It was nice to have other voices in the house besides my own for the last few weeks.

Please pray for God’s blessing on their life and ministry as they head to Chile basically as missionaries. I thought I had it hard getting here to Bolivia but listening to their stories, I can’t imagine what it has been like to do something similar to what I am doing but with three kids. It was logistically easy for me, a single dude, to pick up and move, but for a family of three that has never left their home country…wow…I can’t even imagine.

It is really sinking in again that the life that God has called me to will be a life of constant goodbyes and hellos. I will never ever again in my life have all of my friends in the same place.

Saying goodbye to the Flores family is another one of those goodbyes. I pray for safe travels and for God’s will to be done as they take this next step and answer His call on their lives.

Here are a few photos I took to remember them by…











1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, Martin is leaving. I know you will miss the energy in the house with the family and the videogaming. Plus, Martin is an annointed worship leader, I know you will miss his presence in church on Sunday.