Thursday, August 07, 2008

My First "Quince"

Ok. So I lied about showing pictures from our 6 de Agosto celebration yesterday. It was pretty chill and I didn't really take any.

But I do have just a few pictures to show you from my first "Quince" party this past weekend.

What is a "Quince" you might ask?

"Quince" is Spanish for fifteen. Here in Bolivia the girls have big parties when they turn fifteen. Not sixteen like it is in the states. So why was I at a fifteen year old's party? Well Paola received an invite to attend the "Quince" of a girl on her volleyball team this past Saturday night. And I got to join her.

It was a cool experience. It kinda felt like a wedding reception with the decorations, the band and the cake. And it started around 9 p.m. and lasted until 3 a.m. Yikes.

But it was a good time. I felt a little old. But a good time none the less. And I got to dance Salsa with Paola for the first time so that in itself was worth it.

Here are just a few photos...

The "QuinceƱera" dancing the waltz with a family member...

Pao with a few of her volleyball friends...

Cake!!!

The two lovebirds with the "QuinceƱera"...

Another Bolivian tradition checked off the list...

1 comment:

Missy said...

How fun! You two look very cute together. :)