Thursday, August 14, 2008

Caranavi

What up ya´ll.

Just a heads up to let you know that tomorrow morning I will be traveling to a small town in Bolivia called Caranavi. The town is about 5-6 hours outside of La Paz in a place called ¨Los Yungas¨. It is the jungle region outside of La Paz so I will be descending from the mountains into the tropics.

I will be traveling with Paola, her mom, sister, a few aunts, her cousin and her cousin´s boyfriend. We are going to visit an orphanage called ¨Casa de Esperanza¨ which in English means ¨House of Hope¨. This is the orphanage where Paola lived and worked for a year and a half and she likes to visit every so often.

I will have my camera and my video camera. I am excited about visiting a new area of Bolivia and I am excited about traveling with Paola to a place that means so much to her. It means alot to me to go with her.

I should have some pics and videos to share.
We get back on Sunday night.
Have a great weekend friends.

1 comment:

Matthew Paulsen said...

Hey, I saw your comment on Stuff Christians Like and saw that you were in La Paz.

I was there a couple years ago working with a missionary over there name Randy Davis who works with Youth for Christ.

Anyway, if possible you should try and hook up with him. He just got married this summer to this awesome Bolivian, Danielle, so he may have some insight for you..