Friday, November 17, 2006

What a difference a window makes

So the Woodruff Arts Center is going through some major renovations right now. The administrative staff for the Arts Center, Alliance Theatre and Atlanta Symphony will all be moving up to the same floor. Welcome to cubeland. But the renovation is going to take about five months so this weekend the Alliance administration is moving across the street to a temporary office space for the duration of the renovation.

So for the first time in my working life I will have….
yes, you guessed it…a window.

Sham on.

I can’t wait until Monday. I have those Christmas Eve butterflies and I seriously think I might have trouble sleeping on Sunday night. I am going to wake my parents up at 4 a.m. on Monday and tell them it is time to go and open my new office.

Ok. That’s probably taking it a little too far. But it’s funny how an office with a window gets me just as excited these days as finding the Millennium Falcon under the tree did in those days.

Anywho, the whole natural light thing will be such a welcome change. After the “just staring out the window” phase wears off, I am really hoping our new digs affect all our moods in a positive way. The packing process has also reminded me how great it feels to just throw things away sometimes.

I stopped by the space today to get a sneak preview. And I can see it already. I am going to be so spoiled and I am not going to want to leave.

Movin’ on up like George and Weezy…

2 comments:

Adam said...

Nice! Congrats on the new digs. Some live plants on your window sill perhaps??

"Dude said sham on..."

WT said...

live plants?

PLANT SWITCH, PLANT SWITCH!!!!!