Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend Recap

So a couple of cool things went down this weekend:

On Saturday, my nephew Ben had his first Birthday party. Elmo of course. I got him the LeapFrog Learn and Groove Alphabet Drum…


He likes to “pat pat” so with this toy he can listen to some cool tunes, play the drums and learn his alphabet all at the same time. And of course it’s bilingual – so he can learn the alphabet in both English AND Spanish. Being his super cool Uncle who is about to move to South America I thought something bilingual would be appropriate...

On Saturday night I attended a wedding at the Higdon House Inn in Greensboro, GA. A friend of mine from my first small group at Buckhead Church got married. It was a great evening. Outside wedding. Wonderful weather. Beautiful ceremony. And of course the obligatory “So, who do you think will be next?” talk amongst all the single bros there.

And this afternoon I officially registered for my three week cross-cultural missionary training program in Palmer Lake, Colorado. The training is through an organization called MTI, which specializes in training missionaries prior to leaving for the field. Here is their mission statement – Our passion is to see cross-cultural messengers of God’s grace experience effectiveness, longevity and a deep sense of satisfaction in their calling.

Well alright then, let’s do this.

No comments: