This past weekend “Little E” himself spent three days in a campground just outside of Hartwell sources reported…
Wow. It is amazing how you adapt after you live in the city for awhile. I had no idea how much of a city mouse I had become…I was raised in a small town in Mississippi but after living in Atlanta for several years, spending three days in a campground in Hartwell made me feel like I was a Yankee. Now I really know what Adam means when he says God’s Kuntry. I was there for three days. I get it. I spent this past weekend on a spiritual retreat with some kuntry boys – men who love to eat southern food, tell jokes, talk high-school football, build power lines for a living…and oh, did I mention I look like Dale Jr.
Culture shock aside it was truly an amazing weekend. A weekend where I had no control, didn’t know what time it was for 72 hours and just spent time with God. It was cool.
I’m not gonna go into a boring play by play of the weekend so I will just share a few of the thought/questions God laid on my heart while I was in His kuntry:
- God doesn’t call us because of who we are, He calls us because of who we might become.
- Would you rather…wake up to the sound of a rooster or not be able to go to sleep because of the sounds of motorcycles?
- No act of love or expression of love given in the name of Christ is ever wasted. (Thanks to those who were there for me this weekend. You know who you are.)
- Why do we always have to worry about what happens next? I think we have been so trained to look ahead sometimes we don’t see things right in front of us.
- I wonder how often my grandparents told my parents they loved them.
- Isn’t it great to be loved for no real reason at all? Unconditional love is a beautiful thing. Not having to pay someone back for an act of kindness. That's cool.
- This weekend confirmed that although I will never reach my destination in this lifetime, I am definitely reaching in the right direction.
- Oh, there’s my southern accent…I missed you.
- I remember when I was younger my mom telling me about seeing an angel…I want to ask her about that.
- I want the love and compassion of Christ in me to be noticeable.
- God’s grace is greater than all our wrong choices.
- Jesus wants to go to
and He just needs me to get there. Bolivia
- I think people just loved being prayed for.
- Forget “WWJD” how about “TWJWD” – “That’s What Jesus Would Do.” – I wanna hear that.
- I will just do the possible and let God do the impossible.
- I want people to see Jesus in my eyes.