Monday, March 02, 2009

It's On

So yesterday in church our pastor introduced Paola and I as the new youth leaders of the church.

There was a big need for a restructuring in the area of youth and God called us to be a part of it. As I mentioned before at first I said NO WAY. But as Pao and I talked about it and prayed about it, we received confirmation that this is something God wants us to do right now.

God gave us yet another confirmation as we read our daily devotional together. Bottom line...God is all over this. And it is just how HE works sometimes. When we say "No". When we feel completely unprepared for something, sometimes that is exactly what God wants and needs us to dive in and do.

There is example after example of this in the Bible. You are going to find alot of unprepared people who God used to accomplish His will. And that is how I feel right now.

I don't feel really prepared to work with the youth. I feel like I won't get their jokes. I feel like I won't be able to break into their world and make a difference. I need God. Paola and I need His help. We need His guidance.

All I know is that we are available for God to use us.
And we have faith that He will.

We start this Saturday. We have formed a new youth group made up of youth from the ages of 15 - 21. We are going to have some fun. We are going to serve others in need. And we are going to all grow closer to Christ.

Pao and I just want to be used by God. We are going to share His word and let Him be in charge of the results.

No comments: