Sunday, March 22, 2009

Gospel in La Paz?

So I was shocked to find out recently that there was going to be a free gospel concert here in La Paz. Gospel music in Bolivia? What? Well come to find out the US Embassy sponsored a group to come from a university in the states and the performance was this past Friday night.

And you know I couldn't miss this opportunity to get my praise on.

The concert was packed but Paola and I were lucky enough to find a friend outside who had two extra passes to get in. And it was a great time.

I won't lie, I was expecting more. I was expecting the full on gospel experience with the huge choir and band like so many are blessed with every week in Atlanta. There was a small choir of older white folks and about five soloists.

But although it wasn't what I expected...they could SING. And gospel music came to La Paz. It was a much needed taste of home. And I thank God for these moments.

2 comments:

WT said...

Is that ole' Kirk Franklin I see down there? Or maybe that's Bill Shakespeare... :)

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!!
Small steps to His glory!!