Monday, March 09, 2009

Weekend

Great weekend.

On Saturday Paola and I bought a wedding album for our printed photos and then we had lunch with her family at her mom's house. We also had our first meeting with the youth on Saturday night.

Things with the youth went great. Thanks for your prayers. 15 youth showed up and we took some time to get to know them better. Paola and I both gave brief testimonies about how we got to this moment in our life and we had the youth present themselves and ask questions.

As homework, we gave the youth a questionnaire that we created for them to take home and fill out this week. It is a very thorough survey with about 30 questions or so all designed to get to know the personality of each person better. We plan to put all of this info into a spreadsheet so that we can better minister to these youth that God has placed in our path. We are very excited to see how God uses us for His glory in the lives of these youth.

On Sunday we went to church and then in the afternoon Paola went to her friend Evelyn's bacholorette get together (well actually the bacholorette get together was on Saturday and on Sunday was the "welcome to being married" party). Pao went to the "welcome to being married party" because a little over a month ago she became an old married woman...hahaha.

I stayed at her brother's house and played Playstation 3. Some might know that I had a Playstation 3 before but what you might not know is that we just sold it to Paola's brother. And we didn't part ways with it because Paola was mad at how much I was playing thank you very much. She is actually worse than I am if you can believe that. I just felt that we needed to use that time for new and different things. I heard a sermon from Andy Stanley recently and he said that he personally does not buy something new that he would not happily loan to another person. And that hit a little close to home for me and the Play 3. My hands were a little tight around the system.

We are reading more and using more time for God and I know that getting rid of the gaming system was the "wise" move not just for me but for the both of us. And although we miss it, we are enjoying using those "gaming" moments for other things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love how God uses Andy............