Sunday, December 03, 2006

Here comes the big parade

Very cool experience this past Saturday as I took Scrooge to appear in the annual Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Holiday Parade. This was our third year to have Scrooge in the parade. The first year I actually dressed up and walked the route with Scrooge and passed out candy. (I had never had so many kids get mad at me before in my life because you can’t physically give candy to every kid…and they don’t like that too much) Last year I rode in the car because I was having knee problems and this year I paid someone to dress up and pass out flyers down the parade route while Scrooge road in a 1976 Rolls Royce. (One thing I have really learned during my years so far in the working world – sometimes it’s just better to pay someone else to do something.)

And I have been in plenty of parades over the years doing the whole marching band thing but it is a totally different experience walking by yourself down a parade route. More eyes and way more surreal. Anyway, the weather was outstanding and here are a few photos to mark the occasion…


Scrooge and the Georgia cheerleaders...GO DAWGS!

Scrooge and Hairy...


Continuing the Cheerleader theme...how about the Falcons Cheerleaders?


It's not every day you get your picture made with a llama...


Scrooge says Bah HumBug to Santa...

Scrooge with a Panda and a Hillary Clinton "Big Head" - the other side of her sign read "I wan't to be President again"


Ok. So I had to try and get one artistic shot in there. I love the symmetry of this one...I wanted him right in the middle of that Publix turkey balloon...


Oh, and by the way. Children's Healthcare decided to ban passing out candy this year. They said it makes kids fat.

1 comment:

Elliot said...

Heh. Thats cool.