Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Prayers Please

Wow. Another post in just two days.

Could Curt actually be blogging again?

Hey y'all. I just wanted to send you a prayer request.
Sometimes God works in unexpected and mysterious ways.

Paola and I got called into a meeting with the pastor of the church we attend to talk to us about the possibility of being the youth leaders of the church. Very unexpected I must say. I thought we were just going to talk about how WE thought we might be able to serve the church. But it turns out that the pastor had something specific in mind. In the leadership meeting of the church our names came up as candidates because we are a young newly married couple and have a heart to serve.

I have to admit. At first, I said "No way."
I have never felt the call to work with youth. I have always felt a call to serve young kids. But I must tell you that as we talked more, the more I felt God speaking to me. And I realized in the meeting that in was during MY youth years when I turned away from God and went on my own path. And I have the scars and consequences to prove it. I felt God telling me that I have a testimony to give these kids.

I guess to put it simply: Paola and I have an opportunity here to influence some Bolivian youth. It would not be something that would occupy all of our time and we can still serve kids in Bolivia as well. In fact, we can serve kids in Bolivia WITH the youth from the church. We have the opportunity to serve as a couple and no doubt grow in Christ like never before.

I feel scared, nervous and unprepared for this. But sometimes that is right where God wants us. Paola and I have prayed for God to bring us something specific and we have asked Him for an opportunity to serve together.

So this just might be that opportunity.

Please pray that God will give us guidance and direction these next few days with regards to taking on this new and exciting responsibility.

Thanks so much.

No comments: