Monday, February 16, 2009

Hi again.

What an out of date blog. I was doing SO well. Then I fell in love. And then I got married. Then I went on a honeymoon. And then I get back and there is this hot girl in my house all the time and I have to decide…computer or girl? You know how it goes.

Well Paola and I are back in La Paz after a wonderful wedding and an amazing honeymoon in Jamaica. I praise God and thank my parents for sending us to Jamaica. There is no way that we could have made that trip if someone else had not covered the cost. So thanks mom and dad.

Paola and I have had a crazy few months. The trip to the states, followed by the wedding and honeymoon. I have pictures galore to show you but please bear with me. I am sorting through everything now and I hope to post some online albums in the next week or so. I want to post photos from our trip to the states and of course wedding/honeymoon photos.

Ok. So here are a few photos to hopefully tide you over…


One of the things that I am learning already is that it is much harder to find time for the computer now that I am married. I am not complaining because I love the changes that are going on in my life and spending time with Paola is one of the most important things for me right now. I think I am just realizing how attached I am to this laptop. I feel that urge constantly to be checking my email and working and it is just not as easy now that I am married. I have no doubt that this is normal and that all you married folks reading this are laughing right now.

All good changes for me though. I am a little too addicted to this laptop and taking some time away is definitely a good thing. But communicating with you is also very important to me too so now that we are back in La Paz and getting into more of a routine my hope is to blog more regularly. I certainly have things to share. Being married to a person from another culture certainly comes with some surprises and funny stories.

I will leave you with just one…last night we watched a movie and it was the first time that Paola had seen someone pop popcorn in the microwave. Can you believe that? Wow. She had never seen that before. But she made popcorn too last night. The way her grandmother taught her. She put kernels in a pot with some butter and made popcorn on the stove. What? That was a first for me.

So we are both learning new things. And that is the point. Not only are we going through the normal issues of living together and merging two lives into one but we have cultural differences as well on top of everything and that keeps things interesting. We have all the normal man/woman stuff going on but then we also have the cultural stuff too.

It is a HUGE change being married but I must say a very blessed and welcome change.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

So glad to see the pictures & read your latest news. So happy for you! The pictures are amazing, by the way. Enjoy every bit of being married! :-)

Melinda said...

The pictures are beautiful! I am so happy for the two of you. Marriage is a wonderful adventure!