Saturday, February 16, 2008

Excitement in the air

I am excited right now for several reasons.

The biggest reason is that on Monday morning five people from my church back home will be arriving in La Paz. They will be in Bolivia for almost two weeks and I can't tell you how excited I am to see some familiar faces. Most of the team has different objectives and goals here in La Paz but I just know that God is going to do some amazing things during their visit. I look forward to posting about their experience.

Also, I am excited because I am starting to define my responsibilities and tasks on the job front. I have pretty defined roles now at both Anglican churches and I am officially the communications manager for Red Viva here in La Paz. I will go into more detail about the work later but I just praise God that it seems to be becoming a little clearer.

This next week should be very exciting with the arrival of the team from church and also, I have some visits lined up to see some projects in the city. I will be visiting a project tomorrow afternoon in El Alto and then on Tuesday I will be visiting projects all day in El Alto. Next Thursday I will be visiting several homes that are part of a big ministry to street kids here in La Paz called Alalay. I look forward to showing you some photos and telling you about the ministries and hopefully I might have some videos for you as well. I just found out that several people at my church back home pitched in and purchased me a digital video recorder and the team will be bringing it with them this week.

Very cool. Looks like there might be some YouTube videos in our future.

1 comment:

Joanie said...

So.....how's your Monday going?