Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Wedding Planner

Just call me Jennifer Lopez because most of my days right now are filled with wedding planning. Or maybe you should call Paola J-Lo because she is the latin girl in this relationship.

With only about 10 days left, Paola and I are trying to finalize everything. This week we are visiting the church with the food/decorations company, contracting some speakers and a DJ, picking up our rings, buying the cake, delivering invitations and I am making sure that my suit fits.

Next week we finalize all the documents with the registro civil, buy flowers, finalize all the music and finalize the flow of the ceremony with the pastor.

We are going to have the civil ceremony (which is the legal ceremony here in Bolivia) on Friday night the 30th in my apartment. The church ceremony will be on Saturday, January the 31st here at one of the Anglican churches in La Paz.

I can tell that we are both starting to get more and more nervous each day. Things seem to be falling into place but we are still a little jittery. That's normal right?

Please keep us in your prayers on the 31st at 4 p.m. (3 p.m. your time) as we make this cross-cultural relationship official.

Have to go write my vows now...

"I promise to..."

1 comment:

Linds said...

I totally broke down on Dec. 30th balling my eyes out to Warren because I was so stressed out with all the planning. Don't worry, it's totally normal. Just enjoy the actual wedding day as you say your vows to each other. I really wish we could be there with you.