Saturday, January 24, 2009

T-minus one week...

One week from today will be my wedding day.
I can't believe it. Time just flies by.
I can't express how excited I am to be marrying Paola Ruth Aramayo Montenegro next Saturday here in La Paz.

I have no doubt that God wants us to be together. Although I am getting more and more nervous everyday thinking about the actual wedding ceremony, I feel a great peace in my heart knowing that I'm walking in God's plan for my life. It just makes you sleep a little easier at night when you know that you are walking in the path that He has set out for you.

Everyday the wedding planning continues but my goal for these final seven days is to keep the focus on the author of our wedding day, our Heavenly Father. It is His fault that I am here in Bolivia and it is His fault that Paola and I met. But as is the case in all our lives, there is always a temptation that the details and the stress of whatever we are dealing with will take the focus away from Him.

So my goal this week and during our actual wedding is to keep the focus on Him. To give Him the glory and thanks for bringing Paola and I together. To start our marriage off on the right foot by establishing God as the center of it all.

What is that thing in your life that you are tempted to take credit for when you know that the credit really belongs to God?

3 comments:

Sandy and Gloria said...

Congratulations Curt and Paola! Even though you don't know us,we followed your steps some in 2007 in Bolivia when we made a placement visit to Peru and Bolivia. We have just arrived in Arequipa, Peru to begin serving with SAMS working with schools, orphanages, and small groups.

Sandy and Gloria Johnson

Charlie said...

Congrats, Curtival! Thinking of you today.

Joanie said...

Hooray!!!! You're a married man! Hope the past week & the ceremonies were everything you both wanted. Congrats!