Saturday, June 09, 2007

“Florida’s Best Kept Secret”

At least that’s what the sign said when we prepared to cross over the bridge to Navarre beach last week.

Well…we had a blast. Even worked it out where we could stay an extra day. We stayed in Navarre but we hit Ft. Walton once and Destin a few times.

It was great to just relax and settle in to a nice little routine:

Wake up around 10 a.m.
Go to the beach
Stop and eat lunch at 2 p.m.
Go back to the beach
Nap/movie time from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Go out, eat dinner and hit a few nightspots from 8 p.m. on

We repeated this cycle for several days in a row. It was very sweet.

Also, I love going to beach because I am always in awe of God’s creation. I mean. I just look out over the water and watch the sunset and it just confirms to me that God is so amazing.

And it was great to rest up for my upcoming Bolivia placement trip. I leave for Bolivia in ten days and I am very excited. I will give you a heads up before I hop on that jet to go south but in the mean time, here are a few photos that I snapped this past week at the beach with my new digital camera…enjoy.


That sign I mentioned earlier

The crew

Apparently they like Nascar also

View from our balcony

Pic I took while strolling along the beach

Our home for a few days

Another view from the balcony

No comments: