Sunday, January 07, 2007

Searching for God Knows What

Well, the time has finally arrived.

On Tuesday afternoon I fly to Pittsburgh to attend a three day conference with the South American Missionary Society. The conference is called the Crossroads Conference. Pretty appropriate don’t you think? Given the fact that I am standing at such a crossroad in my life. (Which way to that narrow road again?)

Basically, this conference is an opportunity for me to learn more about SAMS and for them to learn more about me. Part of the conference focus is educational – to let myself and the eight other people from around the U.S. attending the conference know what this whole missionary thing is really about and to let us ask all our questions. There will also be one-on-one interviews and consultations with the SAMS staff. After the conference, SAMS will either invite me to be a missionary candidate or they won’t.

If they invite me and I accept the invitation (And I will) I will then begin the process of raising money and finalizing all of the details (area of placement, training, budget, medical stuff, write a will, etc.)

Once I have raised the money, finalized the details and received the final go ahead from the society I can move south a few miles.

Here’s what that timeline looks like in my head…
Begin raising money in February or March
Quit my job at the end of June
Take July off to rest, prepare and spend time with people
Move August 1 to South America

(I am really curious to know what God thinks about the little schedule that I have created)

Anyway, I will let you know how the conference goes.

If you are the praying kind, please pray for me this next week as I go and continue my search for God knows what.

Seacrest out.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Have a great trip!

padiserene said...

Good Luck! Have a safe trip!

yer_bot said...

good luck, but honestly, you got this in the bag :)