Thursday, January 18, 2007

It all happens when you’re 9…

Several years back a few friends and I adopted this phrase “It all happens when you’re 28.” We were not yet 28 of course and it seemed like a good idea to remind ourselves when IT would all happen. You know, when life would just be like great and all that stuff.

Then the first guy turned 28.

So we adopted a new phrase “It all happens when you’re 32.”

The reason I mention this is that this weekend I was watching The Three Amigos and it got me thinking…“I think it all happened when I was 9”

Let me explain. No, let me sum up.

During the years of 1985 and 1986 there were three movies to come out that I think really defined my preferences with the ladies. And I think those preferences are alive and well today.

First there was Berry Gordon’s The Last Dragon in 1985.
My love interest in this film was Laura Charles played by Vanity.
I learned ALL my dance moves from her...


Then, in 1986 there was The Karate Kid, Part II.
My love interest in this one was Kumiko played by Tamlyn Tomita.
She was soooo hot. Especially in that scene in the dock house when she and Daniel shared some green tea.

And also in 1986 there was The Three Amigos.
My love interest was Carmen played by Patrice Martinez.
Her accent KILLED me.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

2 comments:

Russell said...

Additionally, Tamlyn was in Season 2 of 24 and is still smoking hot.

yer_bot said...

wow, i love having adult revelations, this makes sense for me too! in 4th grade i was madly in love with my pen pal Justin Jones (Where are you justin!?!) from anchorage alaska who sent me a picture of a beached whale, he had freckles and red hair. i'm doomed!