Monday, May 11, 2009

My Beloved

So in my latest email blast to friends and family back home I mentioned that Paola and sang a duet at the all night vigil that we held with the youth at the church recently. Paola has sung and played guitar and piano for most of her life. I play the trumpet and sing only in the shower and while playing Guitar Hero World Tour. Well, Paola has given me the confidence to not just sing in the shower anymore.

Here is a video clip of us at home singing the duet that we sang at the vigil. This is the first time that I have ever sung and put the video on my blog. So I am a little nervous.

But enjoy Paola and I singing. The song is entitled "My Beloved" and although we are singing in Spanish you will find the words in English below the video. Enjoy.



"My Beloved"

How sweet is your love, how fresh are your kisses.
My Beloved
My soul cries out for you, my spirit is ensuring your return.
Come my Beloved let's spend the night in the villages.
Let's see if the vines have budded.

Chorus:
My Beloved, My Beloved
I need you, My Beloved
My Beloved, My Beloved
You are my master, My Beloved

My Beloved Jesus, My Beloved, My Beloved
I need you, My Beloved
My Beloved Jesus, My Beloved, My Beloved
You are my master, My Beloved

6 comments:

Joanie said...

Loved it! You sound better than the Bellamy Brothers singing Redneck Girl! (do you even remember that?) Seriously-I loved hearing you sing together. Thanks for sharing!

Rita said...

You should sing more often. . .you have a lovely voice! The two of you sound beautiful together!

Chris said...

Dude, shut up. 3.5 minutes in...come on.

Anonymous said...

Well done. Glad to see you 'come out of the shower' !!

Foley Beach said...

I am waiting for your solo cut on CD!

Foley Beach said...

Not sure why it lists me as TOM, but this is Foley!